Who is eligible for a HCBS Waiver?
- Individuals must be U.S. citizens or legal aliens and residents of the state of Illinois;
- Individuals must meet Medicaid financial eligibility criteria as specified in each waiver;
- Individuals must require an institutional level of care as specified in each waiver;
- Individuals' service needs must be able to be provided in the waiver at a cost equal to or less than the cost for institutional care; and
- Individuals must meet any other requirements, such as age or diagnosis requirements, specific to the waiver program.